Picture courtesy of The Paisley Cupcake
In honor of Monday Night Football and the acknowledgment that from now until January I will need to happily and willingly share my husband with loads of sweaty men roughing each other up claiming to do so for the love of American sports- makes me slightly cringe. Having said that, growing up in a family of hearty sports-driven men and a very indulgent momma, I have long realized ‘if you can’t beat them, join them’.
That is was the driving force behind my quick Publix run on Saturday. As I pranced the heavenly aisles of my safe grocery-haven, I was looking for inspiration on some great Game-Day Grub…when it happened- this sweet cherub-like Publix attendant in an apron introduced me to the perfect Buffalo Chicken dip; sure to instantly win over your man’s heart. Trust me ladies; football has NOTHING on this dip.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
What You will Need:
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 2 cups of shredded Publix Deli Rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup of wing sauce
- ½ cup of ranch salad dressing
- ½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Optional- Tostitos, Veggies, etc.
Let the Fun Begin:
- Before shredding the chicken, lay out the cream cheese and allow to soften and set the oven at 400˚.
- Shred chicken (focus on the breast and bigger chunks of dark meat).
- Combine chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, wing sauce, and mozzarella in an oven-friendly bowl.
- Heat the dip in the oven until dip is a scrumptiously warm.
- Serve with Tostitos and/or yummy veggies-especially celery!
Thanks Publix for giving me the perfect in to my hubby’s tummy and a nice way to bring together both our likes. I am excited to share this with our friends throughout the football season- as long as it is .
Blissful Cooking Friends,
Nicki G. The Blissful Wife
P.S. Again, I forgot to take pictures…so I had to borrow.