Backdrop- Norman Island where we snorkeled
We are in the final leg of our island getaway and it has been incredible. We are still boating to different islands around the British Virgin Islands and we are having a great time. Our sea-legs are stronger than ever and our tans are super fierce. Like everything in life, I have learned so much. Island-life is so different than Miami-life, hell than any type of life.
So here are some of my lessons learned:
- Never, ever try to rush an Islander! They are not used to the hustle and bustle as we are, so when you are anxious to eat in the islands- be nice, patient, and drink a few Pina Coladas to hold you over.
- The world is filled with incredible sites. The pictures we see on the Internet truly do not lie. They exist. I have seen them on this trip and it is hard to describe the beauty in God’s creations.
- Relaxation is essential and totally necessary. By nature, I am not a totally relaxed person- until I got to the islands. They do something to you, perhaps it is in the water…maybe it is in the drinks…but in the islands relax you.
- Sometimes the water can be choppy and storms casually show up, but they pass and you always weather the storm.
- I need to find a way to become rich so I can be on vacation in the islands 300 out of the 365 days in the year…Who’s with me?
Blissful Blessings Friends!
See you soon
Nicki G. The Blissful Wife