It is because of the bravery, dedication and sacrifice made by our American Soldiers that many of us have an extra day off this fine Memorial Day Monday. Hopefully you are preparing for the traditional American festivities-BBQ’s, pool parties, and fun- but in case you are not and need a yummy recipe to get you going- here is my latest creation.
For my friends living in other parts of the world, please enjoy this delicious and refreshing recipe as well. There is always room for spontaneous celebrations and this sure-fire recipe will certainly get the party started.
Avocado-Cucumber Summer Medley
What You Need:
- 3 Hass avocadoes
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 large red onion
- 1 can of sweet corn (about 15 ounces)
- 3 juicy limes
- Brown sugar to taste-about 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Ground mustard to taste (be generous)
- Freshly ground pepper
Let the Fun Begin:
*Best suggestion: The most amazing gift for this blissful chef is the Vidalia Chop Wizard. This is truly the best tool for this recipe.
1. Dice cucumbers and onion into small squares. Mix well.
2. Open can of corn and drain. Mix corn into medley.
3. Dice avocadoes into squares and mix in.
4. Freshly squeeze limes into the medley
5. Add salt, brown sugar, ground mustard and pepper (remember, taste as you go…that is always the fun part )
6. Add the Balsamic vinegar and mix well
7. Refrigerate until you are ready to chow down!
The Avocado-Cucumber Medley is incredibly refreshing and enjoyed by all!! This delectable success is great with Tostitos, crackers, mixed into a salad or can even be eaten alone. Trust me; you can’t go wrong with this Memorial Day recipe.
As I sign off, I want to take a minute to thank our solidiers past and present for the selfless love they dedicate(d) each and every day to our country. It is because of you all we live the life we do. God bless you always!
Nicki G. The Blissful Wife