As a high school teacher I have adopted the most fantastic classroom management skill to control rowdy teens- BRIBERY. While some of you may be shaking your disapproving fingers, others perhaps are giving me two thumbs up for my effective and creative practice. You see, the only way to coerce teens to do what you want, especially with 2 weeks of school left, is to bribe them.
How do I bribe them? Well, the way to their precious little hearts is simply through their stomach, so I bake yummy treats. Trust me people- THEY WILL WORK FOR FOOD!
My latest tactical move- Guava Cupcakes.
Enjoy this blissful creation, my dear readers. Feed these moist little cakes to anyone who needs a little coercing.
Get-What-You-Want Guava Cupcakes
- 1 box of Butter Golden Cake Mix
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 can of Guava marmalade
- 3 sticks of butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups of softened Cream Cheese
- 16 oz of Cream Cheese
- 2-3 sticks of real butter
- ½ can of Guava Marmalade
- 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar
- Cupcake cups
- Cupcake pan
Get to Work:
- Preheat oven (I bake them at 350 for large cupcakes)
- Combine the cake mix, 3 eggs, cream cheese, butter, and can of marmalade. Beat the ingredients until mixture is smooth and has no bumps. Use the box instructions for temperature and time.
- Let sit for a few minutes while you prepare the cupcake tray.
- Place in the oven and you are set.
- I like to use my food processor for the frosting because it gives you an extra fluffy texture- a mixer also works. Combine cream cheese and guava marmalade beat until it is mixed well.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar and continue to mix well.
- Add butter mix well. This is what gives you the frosting consistency and flavor.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Once cupcakes are baked and cooled, frost and BRIBE!!
Enjoy my friends,
Nicki G. The Blissful Wife